Target Intervention Program
This program has been implementing since 2008 in South District of Delhi with collaboration of Delhi State Aids Control Society, Govt. of Delhi. Target Intervention (TI) Program aimed at offering prevention and care services to high risk group such as Female Sex Workers within community by providing them with the information, means and skills they need to manage HIV transmission and improving their access to care, support and treatment services. The program also focused on improvement of sexual and reproductive health among these populations and improves general health by helping them reduce the harm associated with behavior such as sex work.
NDS has completed successfully nearly eight years of the program. Till date NDS has covered more than 2113 HRGs (high risk group) from the target area and provided all type of support to prevent this segment from the deadly disease of HIV/AIDS.
The objectives of the Program
- To provide information of control and prevention of HIV/AIDS amongst target population (FSW)
- To increase awareness about STD/HIV/AIDS among the clinic attendees and targeted HRG Population (FSW).
- To enhance knowledge for prevention of STI/HIV/AIDS. To increase availability of treatment option for STI in the Targeted HRG Population.
- Encourage health seeking behavior amongst HRGs and Peer Educator for providing support to those tested positive for HIV and AIDS.
- For safer behavior of them for sexual interaction, increase availability of condom.